On the 1st of January, most of us would have made the New Year’s resolution to stop wasting money, sort out our finances and start saving. So we’ve pulled together a few tips to help you fulfil your resolution…
- Budget – make a list of your incomings and outgoings and draw up a budget to ensure your income covers all your expenditure (including putting some money away for a rainy day).
- Find extra income – from selling unwanted Christmas presents to working overtime or finding a second job, try to bring in a little extra money each month to reduce any debts you have.
- Cut down on luxuries – small things like taking your own lunch to work rather than visiting the sandwich shop every day or walking to work rather than paying for public transport can make a big difference to your bank balance at the end of the month.
- Get organised – set up direct debits for all your bills to ensure you don’t miss any payment dates and register for online banking so you can see your day to day spending.
- Be savvy in the sales – most Christmas decorations, cards and wrapping are heavily reduced in the January sales so stock up and put them away for Christmas 2011.
If you are struggling with debts, contact us today. We may be able to help you.